Strict product quality control system Professional customer service system
Ten leading advantages of LED backlight technology
Guide: In terms of the cost of LED backlight and traditional CCFL backlight, LED backlight technology has become mainstream today, with many advantages such as no mercury, low energy consumption, good color, and long life, it has been recognized by consumers.
Tags: LED backlight CCLF color gamut long life high brightness white balance contrast ratio
In terms of the cost of LED backlight and traditional CCFL backlight, LED backlight technology has become the mainstream today, with many advantages such as no mercury, low energy consumption, good color and long life, it has been recognized by consumers. At the same time, the cost of small-sized LED backlights has gradually dropped to a price that is very close to that of CCFL backlights. For consumers, having an energy-saving, environmentally friendly and affordable product will naturally be sought after by consumers.
With its unique and overwhelming advantages, LED backlight technology has gradually shown a strong application prospect. Then, let's briefly summarize the advantages of LED backlight technology compared with CCFL backlight technology.
LED backlight technology: ten leading advantages
Compared with the traditional backlight technology, LED, as the backlight source of LCD, has many unique advantages in addition to the advantages in the color gamut range, which can be summarized into ten aspects:
1) LED backlight has better color gamut. Its color expression is stronger than that of CCFL backlight, which can make up for the insufficient number of colors displayed by liquid crystal technology, and the color reproduction effect is better.
2) The service life of LED can be as long as 100,000 hours. Even if it is used continuously for 10 hours a day, it can be used continuously for 27 years, which greatly prolongs the service life of LCD TVs and obtains the overwhelming advantages of plasma technology.
3) Brightness adjustment range is large. Achieving LED power control is easy, unlike CCFLs where there is a threshold for minimum brightness. Therefore, it is easy for users to adjust the brightness of the display device to the most pleasing state, no matter in bright outdoor or completely dark indoor.
4) Perfect moving images. The flickering frequency of traditional CCFL lamps is low, and the performance of dynamic scenes may cause screen jumps. The LED backlight can flexibly adjust the light-emitting frequency, and the frequency is much higher than that of CCFL, so it can perfectly present moving pictures.
5) Real-time color management. Since the three colors of red, green and blue emit light independently, it is easy to precisely control the current display color characteristics.
6) The backlight white balance can be adjusted while ensuring the overall contrast. White balance can be easily adjusted between 9600K and 6500K without sacrificing brightness and contrast as users' video sources switch between computer and DVD players.
7) It can provide continuous area array light source for large-size screen. LED is a flat light source. The most basic light-emitting unit is a square package with a side length of 3~5mm. It is very easy to combine together to form a surface light source of a given area. It has good brightness uniformity. If it is used as a backlight for LCD TVs source, the required auxiliary optical components can be made very simple, and the screen brightness uniformity is better.
8) Safety. The LED uses a low-voltage power supply of 5~24V, which is very safe, and the design of the power supply module is quite simple.
9) Environmental protection. The LED light source does not produce any rays, nor does it contain toxic substances such as mercury, which can be described as a green light source.
10) Earthquake resistance. The flat structure allows the LED to have a solid internal structure and excellent shock resistance.
One of the advantages of LED backlight technology: energy saving and environmental protection
LED backlight is the abbreviation of Light Emitting Diode (Light Emitting Diode), a light-emitting device that can directly convert electrical energy into light energy. As a new generation of LCD backlight panels, it has the outstanding features of low power consumption, high brightness and long life.
As an LCD backlight source, CCLF (cold cathode lamp) is the main element that cannot be missing is mercury. This is also known as mercury, and this element is undoubtedly a substance that is harmful to the human body.
Compared with the traditional CCFL backlight, the LED backlight can save more than 40% energy compared with the general CCFL backlight civilian-grade products of the same specification, and has a great improvement in energy saving. In addition, mercury in CCFL backlight is a substance that is quite harmful to the environment, but LED backlight does not contain such harmful substances, which is more conducive to environmental protection.
The second advantage of LED backlight technology: thin and elegant
The LED backlight source is composed of many grid-shaped semiconductors, and each "grid" has an LED semiconductor, so that the planarization of the light source can be successfully realized. Its flat light source not only has excellent brightness uniformity, but also does not require complex optical path design. In this way, the thickness of the LCD can be made thinner and lighter, and at the same time, it can have higher reliability and stability.
The traditional CCFL is a tubular light source, and it requires quite complex auxiliary components to evenly distribute the light emitted by it to every area of the panel. The thickness of the screen is also difficult to control, and with the increase of the panel, multiple light sources must be used, which further increases the complexity and cost of the design, and large-screen LCD TVs are more sensitive to this. For example, for LCD or TV products over 50 inches, the cost of direct-type CCFL backlight modules may account for more than half of the panel cost.
The third advantage of LED backlight technology: ultra-wide color gamut
LED backlights have the characteristics of more uniform light emission, and are far better than CCFL backlights in terms of color expression. It can play a good role in making up for the insufficient number of displayed colors in liquid crystal technology, and easily achieve a wide color gamut of NTSC118% or even higher, allowing the liquid crystal display to truly restore the bright colors in the colorful nature.
The traditional CCFL backlight technology, due to the limitation of fluorescent materials, the red light rendering ability of the lamp tube is weak, and the color mixing effect of the matching color filter is also poor. It can only achieve the NTSC color area of 65-75%. By using the improved CCFL light source, it can only reach the color gamut range of about 90% of the NTSC ratio, which affects the image quality.
The fourth advantage of LED backlight technology: long life
The service life of the LED backlight can be as long as 100,000 hours, even if it is used continuously for 10 hours a day, it can be used continuously for 27 years. Therefore, after a long use time of LCD monitors or LCD TVs using LED backlights, the brightness attenuation of the backlights is better than that of CCFL backlights.
The service life of ordinary CCFL backlights is about 25,000 hours, and the luminous life of the latest top-level CCFL backlights is only 60,000 hours. At the end of the service life, the brightness of the LCD will drop significantly, and the CCFL backlight module of the LCD has to be replaced. The LED backlight has no such problem at all. At this stage, the actual service life of the white LED backlight is 50,000 to 100,000 hours, which is basically the same as the service life of the LCD display, and it has the potential to be improved again. Even with 24 hours of uninterrupted use, it is enough for 5 years. Therefore, the luminous life of LED backlights far exceeds that of CCFL backlights.
The fifth advantage of LED backlight technology: to achieve high brightness
The brightness adjustment range of the LED backlight source is large, and the luminous frequency can be flexibly adjusted. The frequency is much higher than that of the CCFL backlight source, so it can perfectly present moving pictures. However, the flickering frequency of traditional CCFL backlight lamps is relatively low, which may cause jumping pictures when performing dynamic scenes.
As a passive display device, a liquid crystal display does not emit light by itself. It relies on a backlight to transmit light through the display panel to display graphic images. Therefore, the technology of the backlight directly affects the picture quality of the LCD TV. Conventional liquid crystal displays usually use cold cathode fluorescent lamps (CCFLs) as light sources, and it is the CCFLs that cause the liquid crystal displays to have insufficient colors and poor color reproduction.
The sixth advantage of LED backlight technology: adjustable white balance
The LED backlight can adjust the backlight white balance while maintaining the overall contrast ratio. When the user's video source is switched between the computer and the DVD player, it is easy to switch between the 960
Adjust white balance between 0K and 6500K without sacrificing brightness and contrast.
A white balance adjustment method based on RGB three-color LED backlight, including when the display runs independently, when the backlight is adjusted to a new brightness level, reading the value of the temperature sensor on the backlight board, if the actual value of the current color sensor is Greater than the standard value, reducing the current duty cycle of this lamp a little. Conversely, the current duty cycle of such lamps is increased a little. In order to obtain standard values of drive current duty cycle and color sensor, particle swarm algorithm is used. The advantage is that the white balance adjustment under a wide temperature is automatically performed, the response speed is improved, the labor intensity of human beings is reduced, and the efficiency is improved.
The seventh advantage of LED backlight technology: ultra-high contrast ratio
Compared with the traditional CCFL fluorescent lamp backlight, the LED backlight can further improve the luminous uniformity. With the LED supporting multi-point control, the display of the LED backlight can be more accurate.
The ratio can be greatly improved to a height of 1 million:1.
In simple terms, the contrast ratio is the same as the full on/off contrast ratio, which is also the ratio of the brightness displayed when the test monitor receives a full white signal to the brightness of the full black signal display. Different from the full on/off contrast ratio, the display will adjust the brightness of the backlight tube, so that the brightness of the display will be higher when receiving a full-white signal, and the brightness of the display will be lower when receiving a full-black signal, and then to a larger display. numerical value.
With the pull of the liquid crystal display market, the LED backlight industry has shown a flourishing scene. With the continuous progress in the level of display technology, the huge LED market is destined to develop it into a huge industry.
After years of development, the LED display industry has gradually become mature, and its application fields have also been continuously expanded. From the statistics of recent years, there are more than 140 companies with an annual output value of hundreds of millions in the domestic LED industry, which fully proves that the market share of LED displays is rising. From a market perspective, LED backlight technology does have its advantages.